Monday, May 28, 2012

Cafe Rio's Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing

I love Cafe Rio's dressing. It's a popular fresh Mexican grill in Utah. I put the dressing on their salads. I even get a side of it when I get a chicken burrito and use it instead of getting my burrito smothered in the enchilada sauce. I also like to dip their homemade flour tortillas in it. Yum! This is the best copycat version I've found. Use the dressing on salads, chicken tacos, taquitos, or burritos.


Cafe Rio's Cilantro-Lime Ranch Dressing
by Chelsey W.

1 c mayonnaise
1/2 c milk or buttermilk
1 lime, juiced (about 2 Tbsp)
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix (ignore package directions)
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/2 c roughly chopped cilantro
1/4 c green salsa (comes in a small can in the Mexican food isle, look for La Costena or Herdez brands, the main ingredient is tomatillo)
Hot sauce (like Tabasco), to taste

Combine mayo, milk, lime juice. and ranch packet powder in a blender. Add garlic, cilantro, and green salsa and blend until thoroughly mixed. Add a little hot sauce until desired heat is reached. Refrigerate several hours before serving to allow dressing to thicken and flavors to blend.

Recipe Source: OurBestBites.com
Print

No comments:

Post a Comment